Mimecast is actively looking for a Principal Engineer to join our API team! Our API team is globally dispersed across the US, UK, and Canada. They are focused heavily on backend, API development and are looking for an experienced Principal Engineer to bring more expertise to the group.
Here at Mimecast, we protect our customers from an ever-evolving threat landscape, enabling them to go about their business safe in the knowledge that we are here to protect them. We are a global company with offices in the US, UK, Germany, Israel, South Africa, Australia, Canada, India (and more), and our culture and innovative solutions reflect the value of such diversity in our teams.
What You'll Do:
- Create and enforce coding standards within the team and ensuring consistency with company-wide technology adoptions.
- Designing new features or enhancements with the collaboration of architects.
- Leading backlog grooming, planning, design reviews, and code reviews.
- Coaching and mentoring team members to develop their skills and ensure adherence to project design.
- Provide guidance to other teams on proper API/REST design and practices, as an active participant of the API Guild
What You'll Bring:
- Expert level in Java JDK 11 (or later) and runtime
- Expert level in API/REST design best-practices
- Experience using an API gateway such as Apigee
- Experience in AWS, particularly S3, ECS/EKS, Lambda
- Experience building scalable, distributed REST/HTTP-based microservices
- Experience with automating deployments using Jenkins CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with infrastructure automation tooling such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience in Agile environment using approaches such as Scrum
- Knowledge of authentication and integrating with other platform and vendors with protocols such as SAML, OAUTH, TOTP
- 10+ years of experience
Cybersecurity is a community effort. That’s why we’re committed to building an inclusive, diverse community that celebrates and welcomes everyone – unless they’re a cybercriminal, of course.
We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and we’d encourage you to join us whatever your background. We particularly welcome applicants from traditionally underrepresented groups.
We consider everyone equally: your race, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, marital status, nationality, or any other protected characteristic won’t affect your application.
If you require any adjustments or accommodations due to a disability, or any other reason that may help you in your interview process, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to certain obligations to our customers, an offer of employment will be subject to your successful completion of applicable background checks, conducted in accordance with local law.