Mimecast is looking to hire a Senior SDET to join our growing team in Canada! This position will work on the Data Retention team, where the core repsonsibilities will be building automation frameworks and testing backend related Software builds.
This position is CRUCIAL to the Data Retention team as we are looking to increasing testing and automation for multiple aspects of the business.
You will be required to develop, maintain, and execute automated tests using current and new frameworks. Additionally, you will implement other test tools your expertise dictates. Moreover, you will liaise with Developers, Architects, develop and maintain test sets, and create additional tools that simplify tasks.
What You'll Do:
- Engage in backlog grooming, planning, design reviews, and code reviews.
- Troubleshoot the most complex problems and provide suggestions for how to fix them.
- Extend the functionality of test frameworks to create new patterns of testing within an existing framework.
- Guide the work and mentor SDET’s.
- Engage with the team through collaboration, listening, problem solving, support, sharing, and helping make other team members better.
- Continually improve team efficiency, personal skills, and team skills
- Apply technology trends and industry innovations to our products.
- Take initiatives and be resourceful.
- Take ownership and create accountability within the team.
- Freely debate ideas and rally behind decisions.
- Willing to be a Full stack to Work on backend and UI automation tasks.
What You'll Bring:
- Have 6+ years’ experience in Software Development life cycle.
- Be proficient in Java, Junit and/or TestNg.
- A willingness to learn Python, Golang and other relevant technologies.
- Have experience with AWS, Jenkins, Docker, and K8S.
- Have experience in using AWS SDK to build and maintain test libraries.
- Have experience building and maintaining CI/CD Pipelines
- Have experience with API testing (Rest API and Streaming API) and JSON
- Have experience in testing backend services, debugging issues and providing issue traceability.
- Have strong ability to write automation for integration testing, end-2-end testing.
- Have experience with tools like Terraform or similar.
- Having experience with microservices and the challenges they bring to testing is a plus.
Cybersecurity is a community effort. That’s why we’re committed to building an inclusive, diverse community that celebrates and welcomes everyone – unless they’re a cybercriminal, of course.
We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and we’d encourage you to join us whatever your background. We particularly welcome applicants from traditionally underrepresented groups.
We consider everyone equally: your race, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, marital status, nationality, or any other protected characteristic won’t affect your application.
Due to certain obligations to our customers, an offer of employment will be subject to your successful completion of applicable background checks, conducted in accordance with local law.